March 8th, 2022—
We’re proud to announce a new addition to the Arduino ecosystem, the Nicla Vision.
This is a brand new, ready-to-use, 2MP standalone camera that lets you analyze and process images on the edge for advanced machine vision and edge computing applications.
Now you can add image detection, facial recognition, automated optical inspection, vehicle plate reading, gesture recognition and more to your projects. Nicla Vision has a powerful dual processor and is packed with features that make an infinite number of applications possible in building and industrial automation, safety and security, and prototyping. Everything from business-savvy predictive maintenance (by detecting and analyzing surface wear, for example) to user-friendly smart kiosks that anyone can explore via intuitive gestures. All true to Nicla’s mission to provide a new range of easy-to-use, cost-effective and accessible tools to advanced users and enthusiasts alike.
Packed with potential, you can use Nicla Vision anywhere because it’s small in size and can be battery-powered. At the far end of your construction site, or in a tight spot in front of analog meters, it works wherever it’s needed.
What’s more, Nicla Vision is compatible with Portenta and MKR components. It fully integrates with OpenMV, supports MicroPython and features WiFi and Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity to complement a wide range of professional and consumer equipment. This means you can easily add ready-to-use sensors such as a camera, microphone, IMU and ToL to your projects.
Prototyping machine vision applications just got a lot faster.
Nicla Vision Features
- Part of the Nicla range alongside the Nicla Sense ME, it’s based on Arduino’s smallest form factor at just 22.86 x 22.86 mm.
- It has a powerful dual core microcontroller and is equipped with a 2MP color camera that supports tinyML, taking image processing capabilities to the next level.
- Nicla Vision offers both WiFi and Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity.
- On top of image detection and recognition, it senses and captures distance, sound, movement and vibration data, thanks to a smart six-axis motion sensor, integrated microphone and distance sensor.
- It maximizes compatibility: all Nicla products also fit perfectly into any solution based on Portenta or MKR.
- Need a standalone solution? Nicla Vision can be battery-powered.
Whether in a dark warehouse or on the other side of your house, the Nicla Vision has the abilities and intelligence to keep an eye on things for you. If you’ve ever dreamed about interacting with machines that simply understand what you need because they can see you, this device is for you.
Take a closer look at the Nicla Vision right here, or find out more in our open online documentation. Or you can purchase a Nicla Vision from the Arduino Store and see for yourself.
Read more about this on: Arduino Blog